'Every child is an artist’ Pablo Picasso
Our children will…
- See themselves as artists who can use drawing and painting skills and techniques that have been specifically taught.
- Learn about types (eg sculpture, textiles, printing and 3D) and elements of art (eg line, pattern, texture) they practice through rich and varied provision; about historical and contemporary artists from around the world and the impact they have had on people’s lives;
- Work with artists, visit galleries and museums;
- Be able to articulate an opinion about art and design and make links between disciplines through the connections explicitly made.
- By the end of Key Stage two be able to complete projects in which they apply skills, knowledge and understanding gained during their primary years, having been prepared very well for the next stage of learning.