'To learn a language is to have one more window from which to look at the world' Chinese Proverb
Our children will:
- Develop curiosity about the world around them.
- Be interested in and excited about learning another language.
- Be able to communicate at some level with other people in French (orally, in written form, through listening and reading).
- Develop confidence and resilience in language learning as well as enjoyment of it through a challenging scheme of work.
- Develop transferable language skills, knowledge and understanding which they can build on at High School, whichever language/s they go on to study.
- Develop a deeper awareness and understanding of their own identity and of cultural similarities and differences.
- Make real and measurable progress in their learning through innovative activities, challenging tasks and the desire to understand more and more as they listen to, speak and read French.
- Be given opportunities to learn French from the beginning of KS1 through Enrichment time and French club.