“Design is intelligence made visible.” Alina Wheeler
Our children will…
- See themselves as designers through access to a curriculum that is inclusive and challenging for all.
- Use creativity and imagination to design and make products that solve real life problems within a variety of contexts, considering the needs of themselves and others.
- Use technical knowledge and skills that have been specifically taught as well as skills from other areas of the curriculum.
- Evaluate, test and articulate their ideas and products and the work of others, understanding that high-quality design and technology makes an essential contribution to the wider world.
- Work both independently and collaboratively.
- Understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook.
- By the end of Key Stage Two be able to complete projects in which they apply skills, knowledge and understanding gained during their primary years, having been well prepared for the next stage of learning.