'Music can change the world. Beethoven
Our children will:
- develop a deep understanding of how music has evolved and explore their own musical preferences
- be able to confidently take part in music making, including singing, playing percussion and at least one other instrument and be able to be creative within the art form of music.
- have the opportunity to sing as part of a choir.
- learn to read music.
- take part in multiple performances throughout their school life
- explore other areas of the curriculum through music.
- have the opportunity to listen to live music.
We believe that singing and music making are powerful tools in teaching and promotion of the children’s positive mental health and well-being, which is integral to our music curriculum at Ladybrook.