The Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Co-ordinator is:
Mrs Caroline Woosnam
Roles and Responsibilities of the Special Needs Co-ordinator
Every primary school will have a Special Education Needs & Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCo). The SENDCo is a teacher in school who also has extra responsibilities for the operation of the Special Educational Needs Policy and the co-ordination of specific provision made to support individual children with Special Educational Needs.
• Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the school’s special educational needs (SEND) policy.
• Co-ordinating provision for children with SEND.
• Liaising with and advising other teachers.
• Managing learning support assistants.
• Overseeing the records of all children with SEND.
• Liaising with parents/carers of children with SEND.
• Contributing to the in-service training of staff.
• Liaising with external agencies including the school support and educational psychology services, health and social services, and voluntary bodies.
At Ladybrook, this is Mrs Woosnam. You can contact her with any concerns via the office or come and speak to her ... she teaches Year 6 and is our Deputy Headteacher so is in school full time.