The Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Co-ordinator is:
Mrs Caroline Woosnam
Roles and Responsibilities of the Special Needs Co-ordinator
Every primary school will have a Special Education Needs & Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCo). The SENDCo is a teacher in school who also has extra responsibilities for the operation of the Special Educational Needs Policy and the co-ordination of specific provision made to support individual children with Special Educational Needs.
• Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the school’s special educational needs (SEND) policy.
• Co-ordinating provision for children with SEND.
• Liaising with and advising other teachers.
• Managing learning support assistants.
• Overseeing the records of all children with SEND.
• Liaising with parents/carers of children with SEND.
• Contributing to the in-service training of staff.
• Liaising with external agencies including the school support and educational psychology services, health and social services, and voluntary bodies.