’Mathematics is not about numbers, equations, computation or algorithms; it is about understanding' William Paul Thurston
Our children will:
- Be numerate
- Be confident to engage in challenging problem solving
- Be able to reason mathematically using appropriate vocabulary;
- Enjoy and be curious about the subject;
- Be able to apply existing knowledge and skills when approaching the next part of their learning journey;
- Understand that mathematics is essential in everyday life and helps us to make sense of the world.