What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND/SEN had, or will be having?
We are a Dyslexic Friendly School and have been accredited with the Dyslexic Friendly Schools award. Different members of staff have received training related to SEND. These have included:
- A ten week course related to understanding and working with children with Autism.
- How to support children with ADHD.
- How to support children with speech and language difficulties
- How to support children with physical and co-ordination difficulties.
- How to support children dyslexia (ten week course).
- The SENDCo has been in role prior to the introduction of the SENDCo certificate, however has completed the ten week course accredited by MMU previously offered before the SENDCo certificate.
- Future training is planned for working with children with Downs Syndrome.