At Ladybrook, how will my child be included in activities outside the classroom, including trips?
• Risk assessments are carried out prior to all trips for all children. However, where a child has special educational needs there are elements of the risk assessment that apply just to them as individuals. This allows all children to participate.
• However, if it is deemed that an intensive level of support is required a parent or carer may be asked to accompany their child during the trip. This is also true of after school activities and events.
How accessible is the school environment at Ladybrook?
• As a school we are happy to discuss specific access requirements for individual children.
• Facilities we have at present are;
- a toilet adapted for disabled use
- taps adapted for ease of use in children’s toilets
- disabled parking space
- alternative dining room seating
- although our library is upstairs, there are also book areas downstairs
- our classrooms are open plan, therefore have wide access and no doors
- a ramp in our library means both ground floor areas and the stage are accessible.